Pages

Tuesday 8 May 2018

The Communicating Art


This was published in 2004 by Scitech Publlications, Chennai. Now the copyright is with me.

You may find the following information interesting, and if you do, I'd appreciate it if you could recommend it to some publisher in your area so that readers can benefit from this. 

Thanks in advance.

My email ID: kolilakh29@gmail.com
phone: 9840327279


This was the first book I wrote for public consumption. It was published by SCITECH Publications, Chennai, India in 2004.

I wish to introduce the book through its preface.

I wish to share a few thoughts with you. I wish to bother you because they have bothered me. Thanks to the printing press and the kindness of my publisher, I’ve taken the liberty. I hope you’ll bother with these. Anything else is a bonus.

Life is like constructing homes. The base and the buildings. Life is communicating. We are genuinely trying all the time to build homes. But how good engineers are we? I’ve tried to remind ourselves about the operational significance of the base, the sand, the bricks, the cement, the water, the mortar (the mix), and the buildings.

A word about content. Though the word ‘communicating’ includes speaking, listening, reading and writing, I’m using it to refer to speaking and listening in this book. I’ve been informal in the language choice and the tone.

Before you turn the pages of each section, you’ll find a few posers related to its theme and its development. Spend a little time on these; shape your concepts; form your expectations and see how far I’ve met your predictions. This exercise will hopefully help you (and thus me!) to develop a rapport and have a dialogue as we talk through each section.

Much as I’d have liked to share with you in direct dialogue I can opt only for the next best—writing. I’ve repeated certain thoughts and certain concepts, and their elaborations have recurred repeatedly because I felt it was necessary. But then redundancy is a common characteristic of communicating—be it oral or written. I hope you understand, accept and appreciate this inescapable urge to share, in the manner I have.
_________________________________________________________________________

Sample pages are posted here to give you an idea of what the book offers:
































































No comments:

Post a Comment